|Time of My Life||Sunday, 10th August|
|It’s going to happen. I’ve seen this day coming for sometime now, and there’s nothing I can do about it. Ladies and gentlemen, this Friday, with the company of some of my closest friends, I will be turning 30.|
That’s right. (Sorry ladies and everyone else who thinks I’m 25 or whatever.) I’ll be 30, and I’m more than ready for it. Last week, I gave notice at my Bollywood job, and I’m currently working as a television producer at the G4 network. I’m shooting my first movie with my partner at RaisingDesi in the fall, and we’re more than ready. I know that accomplishments mean nothing in regard to age, but it does help knowing that things are moving forward, and I feel I’m right where I should be….
I’d like to take the rest of this journal to briefly recap what I learned the past ten years. Who knows, maybe somebody out there is reading this, and it may help as they embark on their own post-collegiate journey.
From my personal experience, 20’s are about finding out who you are. You’re tested in insurmountable ways, at times wanting to kill yourself only to later realize that these experiences will have a lasting effect on developing your character and maturity.
I hope everything in my life happened for a reason. Maybe in another ten years I’ll be able to better understand it all, and can write another entry. But for now, this is what I learned in a few brief sentences.
And if you’re reading this right now, please feel free to come to my birthday this Friday on the 15th in Hollywood and say hello. Without the constant support from everybody I probably would have given up on these crazy endeavors a long time ago. Check out the invite video at the bottom of this entry. See ya!
WHAT LEARNED IN MY 20’s
1. Nothing is permanent.
2. Girls are confusing.
3. If you care about what others think, you become their prisoner.
4. Be nice to everyone.
5. Evil people do exist on this planet, and there is nothing you can do about it.
6. You can’t do everything. You will burn out if you try.
7. As you think, so shall you be
8. Generally, people only believe what they see.
9. Everything happens for a reason. (I still struggle with this daily)
10. Stop comparing yourself to others, there’s only one you.
11. Monitor and check your ego.
12. Preparation, preparation and more preparation.
13. Try to enjoy the moments where everything seems awesome. (remember #1)
14. Everything is a numbers game.
15. You form habits, habits form you.
16. Sometimes the best way to cope with problems is to just be.
17. Keep your dreams and goals alive despite all circumstances.