Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The BK Experience - Nov 9th - 2009


The BK ExperienceMonday, 9th November

I am writing this Monday, 3 a.m. I know it’s been a while since I last wrote a blog. Every night I think about writing a new one, and every night I come up with a 101 other things I should be doing. Anyway, November looks to be a good month. We are officially wrapping up our movie Bobby Khan’s Ticket to Hollywood. I don’t want to say too much about it until we officially wrap but it’s been a great journey. I’ve also been watching the dailies and know that everyone will really like it when it’s all done.

Part of me just wants to release it for free on the internet so everyone can enjoy it. However, too many people have worked really hard so we’ve got to play the Hollywood game a little bit and see where it takes us. Ultimately, all we care about is putting out the best work and continue to make people happy.

I’d also like to thank Ashish Wahi, Prateek Saxena and Azam Mirza. Ash and Azam have consistently come through for us and provided endless movie locations. Prateek Saxena designed our new snazzy RD logo. They say this town is all about “relationships” but I think friendships are way better.

Which brings me to another point. Last week we put out a casting looking for an Indian actress. I remember once, we put out a casting and two people sent in their photo,
both of them family members.

This time around we received a crazy number of headshots. Every girl looked like a model. (where were you when I was 21?) I really wish I could cast everybody because I know how hard it is to get work in this town.

Just wanted to say thanks to everybody and we look forward editing this fast so everyone can enjoy. All the best,

--tarun 

No comments:

Post a Comment